Hairdresser (Independent Contractor)
We are looking for an Independent Contract for the above position at our Extendicare Kawartha Lakes/Lakeland Village facility, a 64-bed long-term care home and 38 retirement suites, located in Lindsay, Ontario.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Hairdresser/Barber provides grooming services to residents in the home in accordance with company policies and procedures and requirements of the contracting agency.
- Provides grooming services to the resident such as haircuts, shampoos, and shaves to promote cleanliness, good grooming and a feeling of self-esteem according to the needs of the client.
- Reviews all residents’ requests for perms or the application of medicated shampoos with Supervisor prior to performing the service.
- Communicates all problems, incidents or emergency situations relating to service delivery to the Administrator.
- Documents service provided to the resident in accordance with company policies and procedures and contractual requirements.
- When providing service to the resident, encourages independence, promotes optimal function and provides emotional support in order to maintain, improve or enhance the resident’s quality of life.
- Ensures the safety of the resident during the provision of service and reports any concerns to the Administrator.
- Ensures that equipment is in working order and makes recommendations for repair or replacement as required.
- Ensures that the necessary supplies are ordered and available when providing service to the resident.
- Certificate from a recognized school of Hair Dressing
- Previous hairdressing/barber experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Second language may be required in certain areas
- Proof of Liability insurance and WSIB coverage
Type of Job: Contract, Part-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD
Hours: 3 days a week
Closes: Jun 30, 2022
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. VCCS is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a VCCS job posting translated into French, please contact us.
There will be a presentation by Medix College at VCCS offices on June 28 to introduce their PSW training program. Call 705-328-0180 to register.
We’re hiring a Marketing Assistant!
Visit https://bit.ly/MarketingAssistant2022 for more information or to apply.
#Employment #Jobs #TeamWDB #Peterborough #KawarthaLakes #Northumberland #Haliburton
A big thank you to our Hole Sponsor VCCS Employment Services!
Click here for more information about United Way CKL’s Giving is Believing Golf Tournament: https://ckl-unitedway.ca/uwckl-giving-is-believing-golf-tournament/