Candidates are invited to apply for the above position to work at Extendicare Kawartha Lakes, a 64-bed long-term care facility, located in Lindsay, Ontario.
The incumbent will report to the Resident Program Manager.
Able to work: 30.00hrs/2 wks – Combination of day, evening, and weekend shifts
(Management reserves the right to change shift times as required)
· Assess, plan, implement and evaluate both individual and group activation program based on assessed needs and as assigned by the Supervisor.
· Set up and clean activity area as necessary and transport residents to and from programs. Monitor the behaviour and condition of residents during programs and report any significant changes to the Supervisor and nursing staff as appropriate.
· Maintain program and resident records according to department policy. Communicate participation by residents to registered staff.
· Work cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs.
· Post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university.
· MDS/RAI Point Click Care & Activity PRO experience & knowledge is required
· Food Handlers Certification is required
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation skills.
· Knowledge and demonstrated experience in one-one/group program planning, implementation, and evaluation for both well and the cognitively impaired.
· Ability to work independently and ability to manage time effectively.
· Ability to plan, implement, evaluate new ideas, resident programs, and volunteer initiatives.
· Knowledge and/or experience in working with the geriatric population especially those with cognitive impairments.
Type of Job: Part-Time,
Hourly Wage/Salary: $20.92 to $21.14 and hour
Closes: Jul 18, 2022
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. VCCS is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a VCCS job posting translated into French, please contact us.
There will be a presentation by Medix College at VCCS offices on June 28 to introduce their PSW training program. Call 705-328-0180 to register.
We’re hiring a Marketing Assistant!
Visit https://bit.ly/MarketingAssistant2022 for more information or to apply.
#Employment #Jobs #TeamWDB #Peterborough #KawarthaLakes #Northumberland #Haliburton
A big thank you to our Hole Sponsor VCCS Employment Services!
Click here for more information about United Way CKL’s Giving is Believing Golf Tournament: https://ckl-unitedway.ca/uwckl-giving-is-believing-golf-tournament/